Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I downgrade to Pages '09 if I buy a new MacBook Air?

I'm buying a new Mac, but I don't want to work with the latest version of Pages.

On my old macbook I still have Pages '09 so I was wondering if can I somehow copy it over to the new macbook delete the latest/preloaded version?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 5:03 PM

6 replies

Nov 27, 2013 6:47 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Hi again

So migration didn't work for me (ethernet issue and in the end decided I had little to transfer so just used an external HDD)... but thank you for your suggestion.

The question still stands though:

I have an old mac running Mavericks and a new mac running Mountain Lion (will upgrade to Mavs later tomorrow). How do I get my new comp to read my old iWork '09 folder?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nov 29, 2013 10:08 AM in response to liquidfox

I found a different solution, which I'm posting for others who may come across the same issue...

My new mac came with Mountain Lion without iWork pre-installed.

If this is the case, when you try to install the latest iWork, it automatically downloads the 'older version'...problem solved! Just don't install Mavericks before you install iWork.

Long live Pages '09!

Can I downgrade to Pages '09 if I buy a new MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.