Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a pop up which I can't get rid of which states: "There is no application set to open the URL ximadpzl://save_ximad_token----/"

I can't get rid of a message which keeps popping up which says:

There is no application set to open the URL ximadpzl://save_ximad_token/(etc)

I have no idea to what they are referring and I can find no application which satisfy this requirement. How do I get rid of this message? It won't go away. I have tried turning off the computer, closing Safari, etc.

Mac Book, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 7:20 PM

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following;

~/Library/Safari

Click Go then move the History.plist and LastSession.plist and Downloads.plist files to the Trash.

Restart your Mac and try Safari.

9 replies

Jan 30, 2015 10:11 AM in response to Aerodarts

All of these suggestions (delete caches, restart, terminal commands, etc) do nothing to actually LOCATE the problem. They are just standard purging processes, and they have all failed to achieve resolution. And it is NOT Little Snitch either (tried turning that off and nothing changed). All these forums on this matter have been speculative and useless.

Ladies and Gents... I have found and isolated the ACTUAL PROBLEM. It is a Safari Extension that is doing it... specifically "VideoCatcher 5.3.8" which for me was installed with MovieSherlock. The extension adds the ability to download YouTube movies directly from Safari (by showing a small download button next to any embedded movie). When I remove that extension, all the annoying pop-ups go away.

MovieSherlock is not the only utility that does this however. There are several YouTube downloaders out there that ALL install an extension that detects YouTube videos on the page. I bet my hat that many (if not all) of you who are experiencing this pop-up issue... have installed one of those downloader utilities.

So, the solution is simple: disable that extension. If you need to download a YouTube video from a page, either temporarily enable that extension again as needed, or leave the Safari integration disabled and launch the actual utility itself and enter the URL into it for your download.

I would expect that MovieSherlock and the other YouTube downloading utilities will need to update their extensions (soon?) to deal with Yosemite's new browser script management.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I have a pop up which I can't get rid of which states: "There is no application set to open the URL ximadpzl://save_ximad_token----/"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.