Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i extend my time capsule wifi net work with my 1st generation airport express 802.11g

Hi

I have a Time capsual 802.11n (4th generation) I would like to extend the wifi network with my Airport Express 802.11g.

i dont mind the net work slowing down. (it is for phone use only) i need the distance. any answers?

I can read both devises in Airport utility 5.6

I am running 10.8.5 if that is relevant?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 8:19 PM

Unfortunately, the 802.11g AirPort Express cannot extend the wireless network of the Time Capsule wirelessly. The reason is that the older Express does not have a setting to "extend a wireless network".

The AirPort Express "g" can extend the Time Capsule network....IF....the AirPort Express 802.11g is connected back to the Time Capsule using a permanent wired Ethernet cable connection.

Is that a possibility?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2013 8:19 PM in response to gilet

Unfortunately, the 802.11g AirPort Express cannot extend the wireless network of the Time Capsule wirelessly. The reason is that the older Express does not have a setting to "extend a wireless network".

The AirPort Express "g" can extend the Time Capsule network....IF....the AirPort Express 802.11g is connected back to the Time Capsule using a permanent wired Ethernet cable connection.

Is that a possibility?

how can i extend my time capsule wifi net work with my 1st generation airport express 802.11g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.