Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 11 isn't working.

I recently added about 1000 pictures to my iPhoto library from dropbox. I then deleted the photos out of dropbox. Because the photos wouldn't work in iPhoto after deleting them from dropbox, I then decided to upgrade and buy iPhoto 11. After installing iPhoto 11, this message comes up when opened: "The photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto." I don't have an external disk to use time capsle and I've tried rebuilding the database through iPhoto manager and through iPhoto. None worked. Please help. I've spent $15 on an app that isn't working. I know the deleted files must be corrupted or something of the sort. Thank you

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 12:42 AM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2013 12:49 AM in response to adrik90

What exactly does "the photos wouldn't work" actually mean?

I'm not sure what the problem with this is:

After installing iPhoto 11, this message comes up when opened: "The photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto."

I don't have an external disk to use time capsle

There are many, many ways to back up apart from Time Machine. Wha is certain is that without a back up you will lose data at some point.

I've tried rebuilding the database through iPhoto manager

Did this give you any error messages?

iPhoto 11 isn't working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.