You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone says "SIM locked" enter passcode.

When I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 7.0.3 it asked me for a passcode which I set as *******. It was acceptd the first time, 2min later it said that very same passcode was incorrect "try again in 5min". This went on a few times and now my phone says "SIM locked" in top left corner and "swipe to unlock at the bottom", when I swipe to unlock it says:

"enter passcode". but it wont accept my passcode.

I have tried to restore the iphone using iTunes. I plugged it in and clicked "restore iphone" and it warned me that I could lose all my content and I clicked to continue as I didn't mind if I lost all my data etc. But then when the process is finished the iPhone turns on and goes straight to that same screen"

SIM locked, swipe to unlock, enter passcode.

HOW DO I ERASE THIS WHOLE PHONE AND SET UP AS A NEW DEVICE???

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 4:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2016 8:37 AM

my iphone at the top says locked sim

16 replies

Nov 9, 2013 4:42 AM in response to wjosten

That is unfortunately not it 😟 Because I have both my PIN and PUK for my simcard, but when I enter either one of them in the space provided where it asks "Enter Passcode", it says "iPhone is disabled try again in 5min" and it still says "Locked SIM" in top left hand corner. I even tried removing the SIM card for a while.

The thing that confuses me is that when I set my passcode to ******* it accepted it and the first time it requested it, it worked, however the second time it requested it, it said that it was invalid? Only after entering it a few times did it lead to the front screen being locked, and saying "Locked SIM".

I just want some help as to how I can erase this device and set it up as a new device.

iPhone says "SIM locked" enter passcode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.