Since I installed mavericks, I've been having several problems. Multiple Users,etc...but what has bothered me is the problems with user permissions and the installer software. I have had problems with almost all software installers (Office, FCP, plugins, etc ...). When I try to install them I get the following message. "The Installer can not open the package. There may be a problem with file ownership or permissions" (Image). Someone is having a similar problem? How to solve this?
- Boot OS X Recovery by holding ⌘ and r (two fingers) while you start your Mac.
- When the Mac OS X Utilities screen appears,select Utilities > Terminal.
- In the Terminal window type resetpassword and press Enter. A window will open behind Terminal that looks like this:
Do not enter a new password.
- Select your startup volume at the top. From the dropdown below it, select the user account with the problem.
- At the bottom of the window, you will see Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs. Click the Reset button.
- Quit Reset Password
- Quit Terminal
- Quit OS X Utilities and restart your Mac.