Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 1st generation shuffle isn't recognized by iTunes

Plugged my 1st generation iPod shuffle into the USB port and it isn't showing up in iTunes.

I have read through all the Troubleshooting steps and nothing seems to be working.

When I go to Eject Hardware though, it shows Eject Ipod, so I know my Dell PC (Windows 8) is seeing the shuffle.

Odd.

I'll take any help anyone has!

Thanks.

iPod shuffle, Windows 8

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 7:51 AM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2013 11:30 AM in response to ochoinga

In iTunes, if the sidebar (along left side of window) is not visible, from the menu bar, under View, select Show Sidebar.

When connected, the shuffle should appear in the sidebar, under DEVICES. It does not appear there?

If it does not, as a test, shut down (power off) your computer. Disconnect all USB devices including hub, except for standard keyboard and mouse (if normally used). If your PC is a laptop, connect its power adapter (so that it is not running on battery power). Do this to reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

Start up the computer, run iTunes, and connect the shuffle to a direct USB port on the computer. Any difference when the shuffle is the only USB device connected?

Ipod 1st generation shuffle isn't recognized by iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.