Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud email name not being changed

Every time I send an email from my computer or iCloud.com it goes out with my old name in the "from" box. I updated my name associated with my apple id a couple years ago but iCloud has never made the change and it is becoming a bother. Any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 9:32 AM

Mail Preferences > Accounts, select the account then the Account Information tab and change the alias to whatever you want to use.

2 replies

Sep 29, 2015 9:39 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Winston, my wife and I have set up iCloud family. She only uses an iPad and iPhone. Her email now goes out with my name as the sender for her email. I went into: Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars and her id is correct, her AppleID is correct and her named user Kelly is correct. Her name in contacts is correct. Since I set up iCloud family it is my fault. This problem by the way also happens on her iPhone5. Where in her Settings do I find my error.

iCloud email name not being changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.