Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Ate My Harddrive

I know this is probably just going to go down as anything woeful Bootcamp horror story, but I thought I'd give it a try and see if anyone has any suggestions. A while back, I thought I'd give Bootcamp a whirl. I blocked out about 40 GB on my computer (I had a lot of space free and I planned on using it for gaming). Of course, while Bootcamp was setting up the partition, I thought it was taking too long, chickened out, and force quite the program. Nothing vanished from my hard drive...all my programs, files, etc. were still (thankfully) intact. However, that 40 GB of space was gone. I looked up the partiations and my Mac claimed to have no new partitions--it was like those 40 GB had just vanished. I've more or less resigned myself to the fact that I'll never recover that space, but I thought I'd throw this post up and see if anyone had any advice or ways to get it back. My computer is a Mac OS X 10.7.5. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 10:56 AM

There are no replies.

Bootcamp Ate My Harddrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.