Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Mavericks: Java no longer logs to console

Hello,

I am a plugin developer for a Java game and I have recently updated to OS X Mavericks from Lion. I have been using the Console all the time to debug my plugins and read output / errors of Java.

However, after updating to OS X Mavericks and downloading all the required and recommended Java packages I used before, the same Java game gives no Java output to the console. The game hasn't changed at all, either OS X changed and blocks the console output or the Java package is interfering with Mavericks. That's all I can think of.

Earlier OS X users don't have this problem with the same version of Java.

I am using Java 6 :

java version "1.6.0_65"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

I have had this issue for over a week now and it completely stopped me from updating my plugins.

Please help 🙂

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 10:17 AM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2017 8:41 AM in response to dida55

I have a similar problem. I want to get to a console window, I want to run a program and the only way to do it is to invoke it from a Java console shell window. I opened Java preferences in System Preferences and found the option to enable Java console windows but I don't know how to bring one up. I'm going to post a question but if you happen to know please let me know. Also, I still love Macs but I also do development and I'm constantly finding minor things about Java that are weird on Macs compared to Windows or Linux.

OS X Mavericks: Java no longer logs to console

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.