Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maverick keeps logging me out

Since installing Maverick on my MacBook Pro I am being logged out of my admin account after the computer goes to sleep despite having set the:
Users Groups->Login Options->Automatic Login

That was how I had it before Maverick so that whenever I started my computer I wouldn't have to log in nor would I have to log back in after a display/hard drive sleep.

Of course I expect to log back in if I have switched user accounts and that is happening as normal.

Any thoughts ??

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9), MacBook Pro 4,1 4 Gb RAM

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 12:37 AM

I am having a similar issue with a mac mini. Before I sometimes would have to enter my pw to get back in but apps would still be running, but now the apps need to relaunch.

I had someone offer some suggestion in a thread I made, if you want to give some of these possible solutions a shot. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5544316?answerId=23736938022#23736938022

Let me know if they work. Most notibly the PRAM resets.

Good luck.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2013 12:37 AM in response to David Graeme-Baker

I am having a similar issue with a mac mini. Before I sometimes would have to enter my pw to get back in but apps would still be running, but now the apps need to relaunch.

I had someone offer some suggestion in a thread I made, if you want to give some of these possible solutions a shot. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5544316?answerId=23736938022#23736938022

Let me know if they work. Most notibly the PRAM resets.

Good luck.

Maverick keeps logging me out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.