Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s drops calls when earbuds in and music plays randomly

My phone works good on its own but drops every call after a few minutes when the earbuds are plugged in. Then it starts playing music randomly. Is this a hardware issue with the phone or is there any updates or something I can do? It was a warranty replacement device so Apple will not replace it again for me. It is a brand new phone that I have only used for 2 months. It was fine in the beginning and this just started happening about 2 weeks ago.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 11:07 AM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2014 7:26 AM in response to GypsyRoll23

It is only the iphone music app. I shut down my songza, yet songs I guess I have on my Itunes playlist keep coming out of no where. The app is not even running in the background so it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to stop the music. I have to go into my "not used" apps, open "Music" go into no playing, pause it, and then close it. Any it happens over and over again.... What is going on?

Apr 11, 2014 2:31 AM in response to GypsyRoll23

I have the very same issue on Iphone 5 IOS 7.1, original Apple earbuds. Sometimes Music starts, sometimes SIRI kick in, in any case the calls get dropped ! I disabled SIRI, I cannot find a way to disable music. Anyway, when scroling the oen applications, Music is not one of them !

It i making the phone unusable (it is supposed to be a business phone) - pure $700 TRASH.

iphone 4s drops calls when earbuds in and music plays randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.