Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes will not sync my photo library to my iphone 5s

Mac book running Maverick 10.9 with latest patch and iPhoto version. iTunes 11.3 and iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.3.

My iPhoto and Itunes libraries are on the NAS drive. Connecting via the ethernet cable.

I connect my iphone to the computer to sync up with my music, movies and latest photos. All the tabs in the Itunes phone sync window are fine apart from the photo tab. Intsead I just get a blank white screen with no options and the spinning bars.

Never happened before update to Maverick, Itunes 11.3 and iPhoto.

What could be the possible issue apart from a bug? libraries in iphoto have been updated.

Currently not happy with state of sync.

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 1:14 PM

19 replies

Nov 9, 2013 1:51 PM in response to bgw1million

new MBP iPhone 4s with ios 7

same issue, iphoto on external hd to my TC

new mac book pro

itunes syncs all except photo-- tabs spinning ball---- won't sync albums wont even show albums just a blank page with beach ball

back in 2012 there were threads about this because of "&" in the data or song, album name an update helped them

but i've got all the updates

won't show in apple tv either

i can see all my photo's in iphoto

sharing on in iTunes

others had the same issue

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4313063?start=45&tstart=0

Nov 14, 2013 3:36 AM in response to bgw1million

Macbook with OS X 10.6.8, iTunes 11.1.3, iphone 5 with IOS 7.0.3

Photos are synced, but not my Music.This is happening since the latest update a few days ago.

I am reading a lot about similar Problems of this kind, and it's hard to believe, that they are having such trouble introducing their new OS. Emberrasing actually.

Hope they will fix it ASAP

Dec 18, 2013 10:24 PM in response to bgw1million

Same Situation here. (MacBookPro with latest OSX, Latest iTunes, Iphone 4 with IOS 7.0.4

My iPhotoLibrary is on a NAS.

On the begin i though my library was corrupted, so i created a new one and put only a few small album on it (3 Events with approx. 300 Photos). Then i tried to connect my iPhone for a sync and the PhotoTab was normal. I had the possibility to choose what Photos i want to sync.

Happy on that result, i loaded more Photos in the new Library....

Now i have approx 7000 Photos and 😮 no more Options on the PhotoTab.. Only a white screen with the spinning bar..

Does anyone have found a solution?

Jan 21, 2014 6:47 AM in response to doukasd

iPhoto doesn't work like iTunes on an external ---HEY APPLE FIX THIS MORE ARE USING EXTERNAL DRIVES TO STORE STUFF

as i said above i had to move my iphoto BACK to my local drive

another solution but still "local" would be to load onto a SD card load into your MBP sd slot

i'm considering this as sd cards get cheaper

or get a usb 3 external and attach to the mac

i got a 1 TB usb from samsclub for $64 came with a free 16gb flash drive

its sloppy but iPhoto must be local in or attached to your mac

i saw somewhere that a company has a compact flush mounting sd card adapter for the mico sd that fits flush to the MBP

i'm watching the sd card prices

also since its "part" of the mac storage will be backed up with time machine as is your hd

i sure wish time capsule had usb 3.o and could see all attached drives

Feb 6, 2014 12:29 AM in response to bgw1million

Same here: beach ball.

OS X at 10.8.5, iTunes at 11.1.4 and iPhoto at 9.4.3, running on MacBook Pro 15 , end 2011 edition.

Same problem: iPhoto library moved to Synology drive.

Works fine with iPhoto itself.

But can't believe what I'm reading: this should be an issue with iTunes and can only sync photos when they are stored on a local (or at least locally connected) harddrive ?

I can only second Eugene: "HEY APPLE FIX THIS MORE ARE USING EXTERNAL DRIVES TO STORE STUFF"

Nor can I believe that noone from Apple is commenting on such a major problem.

No, end I will not move any of my stuff (fotos included) to the iCloud. Guess why I did not (and will not) update to Maverick !

Perhaps you should concentrate your efforts more on product development than on marketing. But while Apple is already asking me what my verse will be, here it is:

"To Apple:

What a friendship for so long

with ties that grew so very strong.

You helped me and I helped you.

That is what good friends always do.

But slowly, slowly creeping in

was on you immortal sin.

Call it "hubris", call it "pride",

which to employ, I can't advise,

but friendship did no longer guide

your plans for service and device.

Despite my will you tie me in

to things that to you profit bring.

Is what you do still planned in kind

With needs of others high in mind ?

Or are we, as on me it dawns,

in your game but minion pawns ?

All this in mind I must conclude,

and by no means I mean it rude:

if friendship only helps but one,

beware of it and run, run run.

Instead of loyal, I'd rather be smart

and will from Apple soon depart."

Feb 6, 2014 4:48 AM in response to bgw1million

Still no word from the Big A!

Do you actually have moderators / support staff that can respond?

Looking at the number of people viewing this thread and the responses is looks like you have a bit of a BUG that needs attention.

1)Why are you ignoring it? Surely a friendly option is to respond with some view on what Apple will do about it?

2) Improve your release regression testing as there are more and more bug and flaws appearing on each release of OS and SW.

Soon I along with others will depart without a tear. Spend some of that cash surplus on improving what is delivered.

Itunes will not sync my photo library to my iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.