Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped Iphone 5 issues

I dropped my iphone 5 on the sidewalk yesterday. It was in a hard case, and there appeared to be no exterior damage. For the rest of the day, it would connect to Wifi but not the verizon service, however, the battery depleted very quickly. I plugged it into its charger and it slowly began to charge (much slower than usual), however, it became extremely hot while doing so. After a few hours, it was only 50% charged and was burning hot, so i unplugged it from the charger.

However, when I plugged the phone into its charger today, it wouldn't start! It flashes the white apple screen and then goes back to a black screen when it is plugged in to either my computer or the wall for charging.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Should I take it to the Genius Bar? Would an issue like this be covered by warranty?

I've had the phone for less than a year, if that makes any difference.

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 1:03 PM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2013 1:16 PM in response to akim25

take it to an Apple genius bar ,you have likely damaged internal components

No ,warranty does not cover accidental damage ,unless you have AppleCare+

If no Applecare + then You will pay $269 for a service out of warranty exchange unit

You could try a reset and restoring with backup and then as new , first ,before making an appointment

Dropped Iphone 5 issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.