Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac vs mac mini for video editing in final cut pro X

debating between:

mac mini (2.6GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x8GB 1TB Fusion Drive)

and

imac (2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM)

Usage would editing footage for commercials and a feature film not a lot of animation or effects creating or usage just typical film editing. Was wondering which would be better for feature length editing and which if either would be better for exporting (both uploading and DVD creation) any thoughts? I am migrating from a Macbook Pro 2.4 Ghx Intel Core i5 with 4 GB (which I have done used for video editing under 5 minutes in length but the machine is obviously taxed when editing and exporting) so either would obviously be an upgrade. I am leaning towards the Mini because I prefer the form factor, like the idea of being able to move it from my office to home as needed and like being able to add my own monitor Any thoughts?

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 2:18 PM

There are no replies.

imac vs mac mini for video editing in final cut pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.