Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add music files to Pages documents in iOS 7.0.3

...as I used to be able to do previously in Pages for my iPad2.

When hitting the "+" icon and then the photo/audio button--which even has musical notes on it--the only option offered is "Photos," no way to switch or swipe to any other category of addiitions--no music, no video, nada. Anyone got a fix? I tried adding the mp3 to a Pages document on my desktop then emailing it to my iPad, but it wouldn't play after download nor could I get the sound file into Music or iTunes. Grrr.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 2:26 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2014 12:34 AM in response to MarriageToGo

I was able to use videos from camera roll and add to ios pages. in the mac pages I could access movies separately but they were from iphoto events only. I want to dictate and record my note in my notes section a la evernote. oddly, on OSX, but not IOS, I can add voice notes, that were originally on my iphone and mailed to my mac. I can only assume this is a work in progress. On mac I could not get access to music library or voice notes. only podcasts.....

If you have any clues about this that you have figuerd out since November, I would love to know.

Feb 4, 2014 12:54 AM in response to Alpha Centauri

tried it on Numbers - can add music from my itunes. but not in pages. Hopefully it is around the corner in an update, for both ios and osx.

Seems pages on mac connects to iphoto but not itunes. numbers gets audio but not movies from itunes. shame since my polished movies are on imovie or itunes or both, finding a way to put them in would be good. easiest way would be on IOS, save to camera roll and then insert into a document.

Cannot add music files to Pages documents in iOS 7.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.