Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina display in October and in November Ipad Air at the SAME PRICE, is that correct from apple policy?

Is it possible that I bought Ipad retina display the end of november and no operator in the shop told me that Ipad air was going to exit? one month and a better product is sell now at the same price...how is it possile!? ! I feel really disappointed...what can I do?

...please help!

iPad

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 4:12 PM

10 replies

Nov 9, 2013 5:17 PM in response to Diavonex

@Diavonex: thanks for the reply. I am really happy with my product but...Is just frustrating...I am not a geek person and actually this is my first apple product...and...well I wrote my point...I think is not fare

@John: why should I spend hours in front of reviews if there are people working for apple inside dedicated shops? I bought DELL power station and I perfectly remember that they warned me that was going to exit a new model and suggested to wait just few weeks...I pad costs 600 euro, not 100! They retired from the market Ipad retina, disappeared after one month I bought...Am I that wrong?

Nov 9, 2013 5:46 PM in response to kiarazza

By late summer, many publications, web sites and news outlets were reporting yhe upcoming Apple News Conference at which they were expected to refresh their iPad product line. A simple google search would have given you that information. It is not Apple's responsibility to inform you--it is your responsibility to check before making a purchase. I'm sure you will enjoy your new iPad. I am still enjoying the use of my iPad 2. If it serves you well, you should be happy with it.

Nov 9, 2013 6:12 PM in response to kiarazza

Kiarazza

No you are not wrong to be upset. Should Apple have given you the heads up, yes. Like you experience with Dell I had a similar experience with a phone a few years back, the store exchanged the one I purchased a short time later with the newly released device. The store employees are there to sell and we do live in a buyer be ware world for the most part. Truthfully the store employees might not have even known when the new model would be released. In general electronics are evolving extremely rapidly. Any "new" phone, tablet, computer type device today will be an "old model" tomorrow. While you feel you may have been mislead this is just a fact at this time. With that said...

While I have had iPods for years my first experience, and last, with an Apple store subsequent Apple's customer service was about 11-12 months ago when I got an iPad & iPhone. I have found them both to be substandard.

But look at what you have and take it for what is, a pretty sophisticated devise. the iPad you purchased is still a fine machine. By no means is it out dated. Use it enjoy it and don't look back. You'll drive yourself mad otherwise because there will always be a newer model tomorrow.

These forums a full of some very helpful people for the most part.

Best of luck.

Nov 10, 2013 9:37 AM in response to bobseufert

Well I know I should be happy and came back in my cave where I was before having the wish to have Ipad (generic, I am not an apple fan, but I was always thinking [but not informing about] of Ipad since they invented...). I am a dreamer after all, a bit in love with smart things, and I think Ipad is great...It is a total revolution!

I draw, read write in mobility, that's the reason I bought it, cuz I travel several hours by train quite often.

So. I close the chapter and I stop complaining (I was also thinking to give back to the apple store and ask them to sell it as sacond hand and buy the new one, but I think and I should start to be convinced it is just a psycologic technology addiction caused by advertisement and fast evolving of our world).

By the way...any suggestion for stylus? I was thinking bamboo stylus...and yesterday I lost literaly one evening between all the variables there are on the market but I guess that one is the best, am I right?

Thanks for your support, both gentile and hostile. You can't always be approved but often criticised. So I accept everything (I hope, I am aries and stubborn as a donkey!)

Ciao!

Chiara

Retina display in October and in November Ipad Air at the SAME PRICE, is that correct from apple policy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.