Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On an iPod 5 how do you get it to show your battery percentage

I saw on my friends iPhone 5 that it showed the percentage

of battery at the top.. How do you do that in settings

on an iPod 5?

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 5:10 PM

10 replies

Nov 9, 2013 7:42 PM in response to theswimmer

I don't believe you can pull up the battery percentage on an iPod 5. Settings>General>Usage will only show you the number of minutes since your last full charge. The battery meter on an iPod 5 is at best an estimate, and the 20% battery warring is like the low full light on your car's full tank. Not known to be precise, it just lets you know you had better be looking for a way to fill up fast, or in the case of your iPod... you better be looking for a plug and charge soon. Hope this helps.

May 10, 2014 5:09 PM in response to theswimmer

There is a way that iPod touches can get battery percentage. Note that this will work for any iPod on any iOS. You do NOT need to jailbreak for this to work.

You will need to download iBackupbot for itunes it is for Mac and Windows.

1. Download iBackupBot for Windows or Mac.

2. Plug in your iPod Touch, Launch iTunes and create a current Backup of your iPod.

3. Open iBackupBot, and click your latest backup located on the left side. Then close iTunes.

4. Find: Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist in the right window and double click to open it,

hit cancel to bypass the registration notice.

5. On the next line down after <dict> type this exactly as shown:

<key>SBShowBatteryLevel</key>

<true/>

Restore your iPod through iTunes using the backup you just edited.

Thats how you get it!

On an iPod 5 how do you get it to show your battery percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.