Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to download Boot Camp Windows Support Software, error says: "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server."

I use a Macbook Pro 13" mid 2010 on Mavericks and I've tried using the Boot Camp assistant to download support software for Windows 7. This gives the error "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server."

Further, I tried to separately download Boot Camp 4 and 5. When I do this and try to install from Windows 7, it says that this version of Boot Camp is not for this computer and doesn't install. The result is that I have Windows 7 working and installed, but am unable to use the trackpad to rightclick, brightness settings, etc.

Please help!

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 4:38 PM

There are no replies.

When trying to download Boot Camp Windows Support Software, error says: "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.