Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting the "An error occurred loading this content" message

How do I fix the "An error occurred loading this content" message?

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 4:42 PM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2014 8:30 AM in response to R Harbick

Yeah, doesn't work for me, either. I might get through a few minutes of content or a show or two, but eventually, it hits again. It started a few months ago and has been getting consistently worse. I can work around it by Airplaying from an iPad, but that sort of defeats the purpose of having the device, since I could just plug the tablet into the TV. It looks to be a common issue, judging from the boards here, and the lack of this error cropping up on the iPad leads me to think this is a problem specific to the ATV.

Here's the various fixes I've seen: Restart the ATV: works as above. Reset the ATV: same. Reset the router: No effect; same problem. Ritually sacrifice a chicken on an altar to Steve Jobs under a full moon: same issue occurs...and now you've got to clean chicken blood off the carpet.

Nov 5, 2014 6:36 PM in response to black campbell

ATV2 with latest October 2014 update.

Same problem here as well. Downloaded an update back in August because it was forcing it down my throat. Ever since then I've been having the same problem over and over. I downloaded the most recent update (October 2014) and the issue was not fixed. I've restarted, rebooted, waited, downloaded most recent software, done 42 headstands, gone to counseling and still no changes. I don't have cable but watch Netflixx and Youtube on my ATV for entertainment. Netflixx and Youtube are not issues on my phone or computer. I believe this is an ATV issue.

Come on Apple, whats going on with you guys recently? Your quality in products is declining, people are starting to buy other than Apple products, and it doesn't seem like you guys really care for the consumer. I've been a die hard Apple guy owning iphone, macbook, and ATV but strongly considering switching. Calling the Apple gurus who know things about stuff. CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER????????

Has anyone successfully fixed their ATV issue?

I keep getting the "An error occurred loading this content" message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.