Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn't Repair/Clone working in one spot?

I've done a lot work on a RAW file in Aperture 3.4.5. I've done enough work so that I REALLY don't want to go back to the original image and start from scratch.

One of the last things I did was use Shadow/Highlights to lighten the eye area on a statue that was side lit. One part of the face got too light. I've been trying to use both Repair and Clone to fix it, but they have no effect. It does not matter if I let Aperture chose or I option click on an area to clone. Apparently I have gone too far in my efforts to fix it that I run out of undos.

I just can't figure out why I can't touch up this area. The brushes are leaving brush strokes, but the color of the area stays the same. I'm going to try to include the image in this post—look at the area to the left of the left eye, and you'll see an oddly shaped area that is too light.

How can I fix this if repair and clone won't work, and why wouldn't they work?

Thanks!

User uploaded file

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 6:40 PM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2013 6:56 PM in response to CSTRabbi

Hard to see anything from the included image. Why don't you just remove the last adjustment you made and redo that one?

Also keep in mind you can have multiple bricks of the same adjustment with each brick affecting a different area of the image. This way if you want to redo one of the adjustments you can just remove that one and leave the rest of the image alone.

Why isn't Repair/Clone working in one spot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.