Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing the purchased piano lessons fails. message said .no internet connection,however I am connected.

Hallo There.

Just recently I downloaded the upgrade for garage band.I purchased the Extra piano lessons. The installation of this is going for hours As the modem shows.Than the messages appears stating < Garage band can no longer continue as the internet connection is off. Which it is not ! Also my ISP shows already usage of 8 GB and I have nothing to show for.Can you advise me how to correct this situation .Before I cancel the purchase? Thanks for looking into this matter.

Greetings: John Basso.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iPhone 4.

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 9:20 PM

Hallo There. After the message appeared, that I had no Internet connection,which I actually did have ,I rebooted the piano lessons and finally they properly installed.. John Basso.

4 replies

Nov 12, 2013 10:36 AM in response to John basso 2

Hi John,

I've got the same problem with Guitrar lessons. I've tried restart, reboot and reinstall GarageBand. Nothing helps... Please advice.

Regards Jacek

Nov 12, 2013 1:25 PM in response to Community User

Hallo Jacek.

Apparently these Garage Band piano or guitar lessons are very stubborn to installation.Like I tried for ever .Finally after restarting my computer first .Than I rebooted the software and let it run . I went to bed .Low and behold , the next morning it was all installed in my Mac..So: First restart computer after that : Re Install software.

This worked for me. Greetings John Basso.

Dec 7, 2013 6:47 AM in response to John basso 2

Hi John,

I was fighting with GaradgeBand few weeks. But finally installed Guitar lessons. What helped? I’ve installed old version 9 from DVD, then upgraded to new version 10 from AppStore and in the end installed lessons.

Regards

Jacek

Installing the purchased piano lessons fails. message said .no internet connection,however I am connected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.