Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts from iPad not being picked up through iCloud onto iPhone 5s?

Just switched from verizon wireless droid incredible 4g lte to iPhone 5s. I have iPad retina display. My good contacts lists exist on my iPad, which was previously imported from verizon cloud but cleaned up and backed up on iCloud. My iPhone 5s just doesn't have ALL the contacts. I have 128 contacts on my phone, but 194 contacts on my iPad. Where did the other contacts go to and how do I get them onto my iPhone aside from the manually entering them? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 7:20 PM

3 replies

Nov 9, 2013 8:38 PM in response to sberman

No, I specifically don't WANT Facebook and Twitter contacts in my contacts on my phone.....some contacts are better left to social media lol. I have all that turned off. I'm finding as I manually go through both contact lists just now, and comparing them, some have been imported to my contact list via verizon wireless backup assistant plus- at one point in time or another, over the past 6 years or so of non apple smartphones, through my two different email accounts. In condensing the phone and email contacts and merging contact info on my iPad, the contacts that originated as email addresses, have not been included in the iCloud contact info and are not showing up on my iPhone. Hence me trying to replicate the contacts onto my iPhone manually. TIA

Nov 9, 2013 9:41 PM in response to Jinxxycat

Your original post asked where your 66 missing contacts were, and how to get them on your iPhone. Your second post suggests you're filtering contacts. Admittedly both posts suggest not all your contacts are in iCloud, which would be ultimately what you would need to do to keep everything well synced between your current (and future) Apple devices.

But as it stands now, especially with the addition of the Verizon Wireless Backup Assistant to the foray, I suspect a manual culling is the best answer. However you get there, my suggestion would be to end up with your useful contact list all in one place - iCloud.

Contacts from iPad not being picked up through iCloud onto iPhone 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.