Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am i only getting messages from Iphones on my ipod and not to my actual phone?

So I have an Ipod touch 5th generation and i do use iMessage. Recently I had gotten an iPhone and used iMessage on there. Well i broke the iPhone and had to go back to my old samsung. Now, i no longer get messages from iPhones onto my regular phone. The weird thing is, this has never been an issue. I have always gotten texts from iPhones onto my regular phone AND my iTouch. But ever since I had the iPhone they don't go back to my regular phone. I have tried turning iMessage off but the texts still don't come. Please help.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 7:40 PM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2013 5:09 AM in response to Mirandammoser

On the iPod what is listed in Setttings>Messages Send and Receive?

An iPod (and iPad) will only have a phone nubmer listed if there is also an iPone with iOS 6 using the same ID)

iOS 6 and OS X Mountain Lion: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

It seems that the people with iPhones who are messaging you are using your Apple ID email address and not your phone number to text you. I would have update theri contact infor you to insure that the phone number is listed for Messages. Not yo will not get them on your iPod

Why am i only getting messages from Iphones on my ipod and not to my actual phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.