14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 7:36 PM by Jerrold Green1
edmundfromdanville Level 1 Level 1

I can send the Pages file attached to gmail if I convert the format to Word, which requires the receipient to change back to Pages. (This is not a good idea when dealing with multiple receipents or those uncomfortable with converting any file to anything, regardless of how simple.)

Even send a very small file from Pages v5 is responded by a Google notification that the server will not except the file because of security issues associated with .exe files. Compressing the file first did not help solve the problem.

iMac
Solved by wtcwerner on Nov 19, 2013 2:03 AM Solved
Same Problem here IWORKS 09    pages, keynote, numbers does not send in MAIL (mac) because of "This message was blocked because its content presents a potentialsecurity issue" its a problem not only on GMAIL but also Live, Hotmail, Yahoo, and other services... The problem is that gmail and others haved yet accepted the latest iworks 09 files. its a problem that apple can ask then to fix but its up to the gmail and others to fix it. Solution!!!: 1 - Send it by exporting to office files2 - Saving the files as old iwork documents3 - Command P and save as PDF4 - Save in icloud and send the URL So you can still send them but have to take a bit more of your time   i hope you understand my english is not optimal  And if you have any questions feel free to ask me
Reply by rogerfromnorwalk on Nov 10, 2013 3:42 AM Helpful
I do not beliece that the recent Mail update solves the problem.  I cantinue to get the "This message was blocked because its content presents a potential issue" message when attempting to send a pages file to a Gmail account.  It does work, however, when sending a Word file.
Reply by PeterBreis0807 on Nov 12, 2013 1:03 PM Helpful
No. Two different formats. You need to export from Pages 5 to Pages '09. Peter

All replies