Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi is grayed out on my iPhone. How do I fix this?

I have an iPhone 4S with iOS7.0.3 and my wifi suddenly grayed out making it unable for me to use it. I have already tried restarting my network settings and I also restarted my whole iPhone but it is still grayed out. And now my Sprint cellphone service isn't working either. Does it have something to do with Sprint? Please help me.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 9:56 PM

1 reply

Nov 12, 2013 12:49 PM in response to Brianasurfergirl

Hey Brianasurfergirl,

If your Wi-Fi is grayed out, these are the recommended steps:

1. Verify that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
  2. Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    Note: This will reset all network settings, including Bluetooth pairing records, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
  3. Ensure that your device is using the latest software. To do so, connect your device to your computer and check for updates in iTunes.
  4. If your issue is still unresolved, perform a software restore in iTunes.

via: iOS: Wi-Fi settings grayed out or dim

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559

I crossed off the one you had already mentioned doing. I would start off with these and see if it resolves both the Wi-Fi issue and the cellular issue as well.

Take care,

Delgadoh

My wifi is grayed out on my iPhone. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.