Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Partition Size

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. I had a question concerning partition size using bootcamp. I just bought Windows 8.1 and really dont have any idea how much space I need to partition for it. I plan on using my Macbook for programming like Java, Java Script, and Html. I will probably play a game here and there on it too but but I plan on using an external hard drive for that. I have 8 GB of ram and 256 GB SSD. Also another concern of mine is if I should use Parralles instead of bootcamp? Thanks guys I really appreciate any feedback.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 12:27 AM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2013 12:29 AM in response to SpiniCa

It depends on your needs. If you want to play a game, you should use Boot Camp, but if not, Parallels is an option you can consider.

I recommend you to give Windows at least 90 or 100 GB of hard drive space, so you are sure you have got enough space. Also, follow these steps to install Windows on your MacBook Pro > http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1636/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_ 10.8.pdf Remember to install a 64-bit Windows 8.1 version

Boot Camp Partition Size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.