Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacMini does not go to sleep

My MacMini has Mavericks. Why do I have to put it to sleep manually (Apple-Sleep)? I have it configured in Energy Saver Preferences to go to sleep after fifteen minutes. Only the monitor goes to sleep. The power light on the MacMini does not pulse unless I manually put it to sleep.

Have a nice day.

MacBook Air (2011); MacMini (2012)-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Apple TV 3 6.0.x; Two iPads 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 8:25 AM

Reset the SMC, as per > Resetting the System Management Controller

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Unplug the computer's power cord.

3. Wait fifteen seconds.

4. Attach the computer's power cord.

5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.

Then if that doesn't help, see > Why your Mac might not sleep or stay in sleep mode

----------------------------------

I always use Apple dropdown Sleep instead auto sleep and I too have noticed that my Mac Mini takes way longer to sleep than before Mavericks.

When I checked my Console Log, I get the following messages:

11/9/13 10:52:31.000 PM kernel[0]: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Sleep

11/9/13 10:52:31.000 PM kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet [en0]: Link down (womp disabled, proxy idle)
11/10/13 7:12:37.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: OHC2

There were some 200 new changes in Mavericks and I haven't been able to put my finger on which one is delaying sleep for me. So far I've tried disabling all bonjour and location services, changing my network settings and nothing has helped.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2013 8:25 AM in response to Boyd Porter

Reset the SMC, as per > Resetting the System Management Controller

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Unplug the computer's power cord.

3. Wait fifteen seconds.

4. Attach the computer's power cord.

5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer.

Then if that doesn't help, see > Why your Mac might not sleep or stay in sleep mode

----------------------------------

I always use Apple dropdown Sleep instead auto sleep and I too have noticed that my Mac Mini takes way longer to sleep than before Mavericks.

When I checked my Console Log, I get the following messages:

11/9/13 10:52:31.000 PM kernel[0]: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Sleep

11/9/13 10:52:31.000 PM kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet [en0]: Link down (womp disabled, proxy idle)
11/10/13 7:12:37.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: OHC2

There were some 200 new changes in Mavericks and I haven't been able to put my finger on which one is delaying sleep for me. So far I've tried disabling all bonjour and location services, changing my network settings and nothing has helped.

MacMini does not go to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.