Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use Numbers on the extended keyboard numbers pad

The numbers on the side pad of both my Apple wired keyboard and Logitech S 530 no longer works, may be relatedd to Mavericks upgrade?

Thanks

Dan

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.8 GHz Intel Core2 Duo 24 Early 08

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 10:27 AM

Don Archibald Hill Country, Texas

I found this searching the discussions and it fixed the problem.

Dan

Which version of OS X are you using?

• If Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or earlier, go to System Preferences > Universal Access

• If Lion (10.7.x) or later. go to System preferences > Accessibility

In the Mouse section in the preceding, look for the item Mouse Keys - if that function is "on", turn it off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2013 10:27 AM in response to Dpagejr

Don Archibald Hill Country, Texas

I found this searching the discussions and it fixed the problem.

Dan

Which version of OS X are you using?

• If Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or earlier, go to System Preferences > Universal Access

• If Lion (10.7.x) or later. go to System preferences > Accessibility

In the Mouse section in the preceding, look for the item Mouse Keys - if that function is "on", turn it off.

Aug 3, 2015 2:11 AM in response to Dpagejr

I have a similar problem in that, after having used the number pad successfully for several years, it suddenly has started to function as a scroll up and down and I have been having to resort to using the numbers above my letter keys. This is slowing me down, especially as I am currently working on spreadsheets for tax returns.

I have had a situation previously where letters were coming up instead of numbers, but fixed that with a reboot. This is new and is not responding to anything that I have tried so far.

Any advice? I am using OS X v 10.9.5

Unable to use Numbers on the extended keyboard numbers pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.