Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Indicator Inaccurate--rMBP late-2013 13"

Hello all,

I'm having a confusing problem with my rMBP 13" since I bought it. The battery percentage indicator on the menu bar fluctuates both up and down while on battery power and does not always match the battery percentage indicator and in different programs. For instance, the battery meter in the menu bar might read 98%, while the battery meter in the Energy Saver window in System Preferences might read 95% at the same time. I have also seen the battery percentage jump up 3 or 4 percentage points and then jump down alost immediately. Additionally, the first time I had the computer plugged in, the battery status icon indicated it was plugged in and had 4% power but then, in a matter of seconds, indicated that the computer was on battery power and only had 1% charge left.

This has been a consistent problem--I have contacted AppleCare, and they guided me through a number of troubleshooting steps, including a reset of SMC and PRAM. Mutliple resets have not solved the problem.

I have a Genius Bar appointment for tomorrow, but I am wondering if others are having this problem. Also, does this sound more like a software or a hardware issue?

Thanks for your advice!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 8:13 AM

1 reply

Battery Indicator Inaccurate--rMBP late-2013 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.