Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie

Hello everyone:

I am using an older Sony DCR-DVD203 video camera that records to an 8 cm mini DVD disc. I have version 9.0.9 of iMovie. Using the USB cable supplied with the cam, when I connect to my computer with iMovie open it auotmatically imports the movies, so long as I have recorded on a DVD-R disc (finalized). However when I use a DVD-RW disc (VR format), even though finalized, I can not get it to import. The mini DVD shows up on my desktop, and the contents are:

folder: DVD_RTAV

files: VR_MANGR.BUP

VR_MANGR.IFO

VR_MOVIE.VRO - (This file plays on VLC)

I am trying to figure out how to convert the contects of the DVD-RW mini disc so that I can get it into iMovie. I've found a number of messages from the 2006-07 time frame suggesting use of various programs to accomplish this. These include:

QuickTime Pro

Toast

Image Mixer

DVDxDV

MPEG Streamclip

Handbrake

iSquint

However, since this information is now quite old, I am wondering what might be more current on converting so that I can import into my latest iMove. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks - Randy

- Randy

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2011; 2.7GHz i7; 8GB RAM; HD 6630M

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 7:57 AM

There are no replies.

iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.