Skip navigation

iMovie

144 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2013 7:57 AM by Randy Knowles RSS
Randy Knowles Level 1 Level 1 (45 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 10, 2013 7:57 AM

Hello everyone:

I am using an older Sony DCR-DVD203 video camera that records to an 8 cm mini DVD disc. I have version 9.0.9 of iMovie.  Using the USB cable supplied with the cam, when I connect to my computer with iMovie open it auotmatically imports the movies, so long as I have recorded on a DVD-R disc (finalized).  However when I use a DVD-RW disc (VR format), even though finalized, I can not get it to import.  The mini DVD shows up on my desktop, and the contents are:   

folder:  DVD_RTAV

files:     VR_MANGR.BUP

VR_MANGR.IFO

VR_MOVIE.VRO - (This file plays on VLC)

I am trying to figure out how to convert the contects of the DVD-RW mini disc so that I can get it into iMovie.  I've found a number of messages from the 2006-07 time frame suggesting use of various programs to accomplish this.  These include:

QuickTime Pro

Toast

Image Mixer

DVDxDV

MPEG Streamclip

Handbrake

iSquint

However, since this information is now quite old, I am wondering what might be more current on converting so that I can import into my latest iMove.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks - Randy

- Randy

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2011; 2.7GHz i7; 8GB RAM; HD 6630M

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.