Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export straight from iMovie project to Flash movie..

Hi there,

Is there any way to export straight from iMovie to a Flash movie?

Groet! Rick

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Jul 10, 2006 7:44 AM

7 replies

Jul 12, 2006 7:52 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

Thanks, found Video2swf aswell. I've called Apple in Holland, searched Macromedia's website and contacted my local Apple store but there is nothing available today that makes it possible to export straight from iMovie. I've tried Flash on my PC, but it the quality isn't good enough.

I like the Microsoft Media encoder 9 best(oops! I just cursed in church) but the customer wants Flash. I wanted the best quality lowest size and I am comparing what happens if I pull it out of iMovie as an AVI and then push it through the 3rd software. They have the same options though so I suspect some kind of standard tool behind it.

Such a waste of time. It's gonna cost me an extra 40 hours just rendering, not even thinking about the copying. Sigh.

Thanks!

Aug 10, 2006 1:41 PM in response to Karsten Schlüter

I'm reading a book named, "Secrets of Videoblogging"; Michael Verdi; Peachpit Press (2006), and in their section "iMovie Compression (Mac)" on page 118, Figure 6.5 they have a screenshot of the "Save exported file as" screen with the option of " Movie to Macromedia Flash Video (FLV).

Does anyone know how they got that option when it doesn't appear to exist in iMovie?

Thanks.

core duo Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Aug 10, 2006 2:13 PM in response to ramonekalsaw

http://michaelverdi.com
Author of Secrets Of Videoblogging -

-----------

Hey Michael,
Good catch. The reason I had that option is that previous version of
Flash Professional included software for compressing Flash video in
QuickTime. The lastest version of Flash now comes with a standalone
application. Either way it's a pretty expensive "add on."
Glad you're enjoying the book,
Michael

Aug 10, 2006 3:48 PM in response to Rusty Vermillion

What is your ultimate goal and where will you use these new .flv files?
You do know that they also need a "player", right? The Web sites that use Flash video also have built in players (Google Video and MySpace).
If you're intending to just upload files to be hosted at those pages they have formats to convert your upload. Most allow .mov and .mp4 (and even some WMP formats).
Just read through the upload requirements.

Aug 10, 2006 11:51 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I created a bunch of 'enhanced podcasts" using GarageBand and uploaded them to www.audioblog.com where these files apparently were encoded with Flash, which I then published on my website at http://www.biom.net/index.php/teahouse/permalink/stayinghealthy_insummer/ using Audioblog's code.

Now I want to use the freeware FLASH VIDEO PLAYER 2.4 from http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=FlashVideoPlayer.

When I downloaded my GarageBand-created enhanced podcasts from Audioblog they came down as .mov files which I need to convert to .flv to use with Flash Video Player 2.4.

Any suggestions for converting these .mov files to .flv so I can'self-publish' them on my website?

Thanks.

Export straight from iMovie project to Flash movie..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.