Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu Bar staying visible even on fullscreen when watching videos/streams/iplayer

Simple question really, that i hope people have an easy answer too.

Basically when i watch a video stream on the internet/iplayer and when i toggle fullscreen, the apple menu bar stays visible at the top.

It does not disappear as it used too.

Anybody know why, or know the fix?

thanks...

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 8:24 AM

2 replies

Nov 10, 2013 12:24 PM in response to umma08

One of these should work....

Make sure you are selecting FULL SCREEN instead of Fit to Screen.

Home>Library>Preferences. Trash the Finder plist file, repair permissions, restart your comp & empty the trash.

Disconnect all devices from the computer then do the following:

Boot up from your Snow Leopard Install DVD while holding down the "c" key.

Select the language you wish to use, and then choose "Disk Utility" from the menu bar.

Your HD should appear in a panel on the left hand side of the window which opens. Select it and then click on the "repair disk" button in the right hand section of the window.

Once this process has been completed restart your computer and repair permissions directly from Disk Utility.

If Disk Utility is unable to complete the repair, you will need to use a stronger 3rd party utility like DiskWarrior, Techtool PRO (not Deluxe) or Drive Genius.

User uploaded file

Nov 11, 2013 10:31 AM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

i think i have the answer. i was running Safari 5.0.5 for some reason, as apposed to 5.1.10.

Funnily enough it was not showing up in software updates, so i downloaded manually from here....

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1569

i am pretty sure this will work better now.

anyone know why it wouldnt show up in software updates? or how i manged to get back to 5.0.5 ?!?!?!

Menu Bar staying visible even on fullscreen when watching videos/streams/iplayer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.