Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since Mavericks update, Java file uploader works in Firefox, not Safari. Any ideas?

The Java file uploader tool (picture uploader) works in Firefox but not Safari. I've verified I'm using the latest version of Java (7.45). The tool worked prior to my upgrade to Mavericks. In Safari, I'm not able to navigate folders to get to my pictures. I'm not able to select the files if I place them in the folder the file uploader tool opens up to. I'm not able to upload files if I type in the filename. In fact, I had to submit this question using Firefox because Safari would not upload the screen shots. (I could select the files but not upload them.)

Safari screenshot:

User uploaded file

Firefox Screenshot:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Safari and Java

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 9:53 AM

After submitting the question I found the answer. Under Safari preferences, under the Security Tab, select Manage Website Settings. Set Java to "Run in Unsafe Mode" for the desired websites.

1 reply

Since Mavericks update, Java file uploader works in Firefox, not Safari. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.