Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my time capsule will only work with one device at a time

I just purchased the Airport time capsule. I have it set up with my imac, but I also run a macbook air, older macbook, PC laptop, PC desktop, wii, xbox, and 3 iphones off of this device. My issue is that my ISP does not serve more than 1 IP address and with previous routers, the IP address they recognized was only on my router. Now, each time a new device tries to use the internet, my ISP is bypassing time capsule and recognizing the device IP address. It's very frustratitng! How do I set up my Time Capsule so that it's IP address is the only one my ISP recognizes, but all my devices are able to run off of the Time Capsule as the router. (obviously I am not over educated in this area so solutions in simple language are greatly appreciated!) Thanks!

AirPort Time Capsule-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Digis internet provider in Lehi UT

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 11:46 AM

What kind of broadband do you have? What kind of modem? Is it also a router? How is the TC connected to it?

The TC is apparently in bridge mode.. but should be doing dhcp + Nat which is full router mode.

I would simply reset the TC.. as soon as you do that the TC will default back to router mode.

In the airport utility.. go to the Network tab and ensure it shows DHCP + NAT.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2013 11:46 AM in response to erinboarder

What kind of broadband do you have? What kind of modem? Is it also a router? How is the TC connected to it?

The TC is apparently in bridge mode.. but should be doing dhcp + Nat which is full router mode.

I would simply reset the TC.. as soon as you do that the TC will default back to router mode.

In the airport utility.. go to the Network tab and ensure it shows DHCP + NAT.

Nov 10, 2013 12:21 PM in response to LaPastenague

I read the same solution somewhere else in the forum but it does not solve my problem. When I set up the Airport, it sets up in bridge mode by default. When I contacted my ISP they said it needed to be in bridge mode (their rationale is that they only allow 1 IP address). I just switched it to DHCP and NAT and this is what the default settings go to:

User uploaded file

After I update it with these settings my internet won't work at all and this is the error message I get:

User uploaded file

Any suggestions?

My internet "Digis". www.digis.net. They are a smaller company and put a dish on my roof. The modem is very small, does not have a router.

Nov 10, 2013 12:28 PM in response to erinboarder

Yes, your ISP is the cheap and nasty type.

They are giving you a private IP in the 10.x range.. that is why you have double NAT problems..

You will need to move the IP of the TC to a different range.. you do this via the dhcp page.. which is really odd.

User uploaded file

When you change the dhcp range the IP address will follow along. .and the TC will take 192.168.1.1 for instance by default.

You will continue to have double NAT issue which you just ignore as there is nought you can do about it.

my time capsule will only work with one device at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.