Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID disabled - scam

Received this email this morning - and it looks legit:

Subject: Your Apple ID was Disabled.

Date: November 10, 2013 4:51:22 AM CST

-----------

Your Apple ID (****) was used to sign in from another IP Address
Please verify your identity today or your account will be disabled due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the Apple Community.
To verify your Apple ID, we recommend that you go to: Sign In >>.
Apple Support
iCloud is a service provided by Apple. My Apple ID| Support| Terms and Conditions| Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

But I was able to sign in here ... when you click on the "sign in" here is the address:
http://appleid-apple.co.uk.support.appleid.manage.id15.nammech.com.au/uk/?cgi-bi n/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/wa/directToSignIn

So how do yo know if it is legitimate?

<Edited by Host>

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 27 inch, Mid2011, 2.7 Ghz Intel Cor

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 11:58 AM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2014 1:11 PM in response to branch

Now there new scam mail coming

via corno@bingo.com - email id

and webaddress is

http://iapple.corn.au.update-login.id36acfe78a779a8c4fe66061c3c3e2c8c.beta.mycai ro.net/0286008b39e2802b4b7559ca06b1a0a6/

VaΙidate your accοunt infοrmation.

Dear Custοmer,

This is an automatic message sent by our secυrity system to let you know that you have 48 hours to cοnfirm your accοunt infοrmation.

To validate your accοunt infοrmation associated with your Aρρle ID, please

Visit the My Aρρle ID website

and sign in with your Aρρle ID and passwοrd. This will help protect your account in the future. This process does not take more than 3 minutes.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Your sincerely,
Aρρle Secυrity Department

TM and cοpyright © 2014 Aρρle Inc. 1 Infinite Lοοp, MS 69-DM, Cupertino, CA 95014.

Apple ID disabled - scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.