Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has there been any resolution with the Nikon's D600 dark import prior to 3.5?

I'm currently running Aperture 3.4.5 and OS X 10.7.5 . Yeah, I'm a bit behind.

I recently picked up a D600 as a backup camera for my D700. I'm very familar with RAW vs. JPEG images and RAW workflow in general.

Like many people, I have experienced an insane amount of exposure loss (darkness) compared to the JPG whenever I import my RAW images into Aperture 3.4.5. So much so that this seems to be way more than just a matter of proprietary settings. I'm very used to my RAW image changing slightly from the JPG preview.... but not this much.

There have been several threads about this but they all sort of peter out... which makes me want to get rid of the D600. I *never* have this problem with the D700.

I've looked at the images in Nikon ViewNX 2 and of course, all of the wonderful detail in the shadows is there. How can Nikon and Apple not have talked about this by now?

And so that's my question... does Aperture 3.5 resolve this at all? If it does, then I will upgrade to OS Mavericks if that's what it takes.

If not, can anybody recommend a workflow to bring in the best editable images into Aperture, using Nikon's software first?

Besides switching to Lightroom of course. I heard Lightroom doesn't have this problem.

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 12:02 PM

There are no replies.

Has there been any resolution with the Nikon's D600 dark import prior to 3.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.