Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Install' button under Purchases doesn't work.

I recently wiped my MacBook Pro by using my old Snow Leopard discs (I was on Mountain Lion), but now when I try and upgrade to Mavericks via the App Store, absolutely nothing works. Going under the 'Purchases' tab shows all my past purchases, but when I press the 'Install' button next to each, I get a spinner briefly, and then the button switches back to 'Install'. Nothing ever downloads. Please help, as i'm now stuck in Snow Leopard and can't download any apps I own, let alone download Mavericks OR Lion to upgrade back to normal again!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 1:36 PM

3 replies

Nov 10, 2013 1:47 PM in response to bruised_blood

Make sure you have updated to v10.6.8 after restoring with the SL discs ..

Which OS X is installed on your Mac ?

Click the Apple () menu top left in your screen. From the drop down menu click About This Mac.

The version is noted there.

If it's prior to v10.6.8 install the combo > Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

Restart your Mac after the combo is installed.

You should then have access to the App Store to re download Mavericks.

Nov 10, 2013 2:16 PM in response to Dah•veed

Wish i'd known that before Dav•veed! Bit late now, I guess... ****.

Carolyn, i'm on the last version of Snow Leopard (10.6.8, as you said). The App Store is available, but it just seems to not work. Clicking the 'Install' or 'Download' button in the 'Purchases' area does nothing. I just get the spinner at the top for a little while, and then the button turns back to just saying 'Install' or 'Download'. Nothing happens. Nothing downloads. It just does nothing.

'Install' button under Purchases doesn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.