Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyword and Smart Album question

I have a keyword named "sunset" that I use for all of my sunset pictures. In the keyword HUD it says I have 178.

I then created a smart album to display all of the sunset pics. Under the Keywords heading I have tick boxes for "sunset" and beneath it is a tick box for "sunset (time)". If I tick just "sunset" it displays 134 items. If I tick just "sunset (time)" it shows 219 items. If I tick both it shows 347 items. Both contain the keyword "sunset" and there are no obvious duplicates.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I don't see a (anything) behind any other keywords.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 2:19 PM

Hi John,

I suspect you have two keywords each named "sunset". One is at the top level of your keyword hierarchy, the other is a child of the keyword "time".

Fwiw, this happens all the time (no pun intended).

I recommend you merge your two "sunset" keywords. In the Keyword HUD, drag the top-level "sunset" keyword and drop it on the keyword "time". Aperture should ask you if you want to merge the keywords named "sunset". Say "Yes".

If that's not it, let us know.

HTH,

--Kirby.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2013 2:19 PM in response to Maddogjohn

Hi John,

I suspect you have two keywords each named "sunset". One is at the top level of your keyword hierarchy, the other is a child of the keyword "time".

Fwiw, this happens all the time (no pun intended).

I recommend you merge your two "sunset" keywords. In the Keyword HUD, drag the top-level "sunset" keyword and drop it on the keyword "time". Aperture should ask you if you want to merge the keywords named "sunset". Say "Yes".

If that's not it, let us know.

HTH,

--Kirby.

Nov 10, 2013 2:19 PM in response to Maddogjohn

John,

there is a predefined keyword "Sunset" in the "Photo Specs > Time" list of keywords.

When you added your own keyword "Sunset" you created a duplicate. Aperture distinguishes the two instances of "sunset" by adding the category "Time" to the predefined sunset, since it is defined as a subcategory of "Photo specs > Time > Sunset".

When you search in the Keywords HUD for Sunset, you should see this:

User uploaded file

You could merge your sunset with the predefined sunset keyword, if you want to get rid of this duplicate. Or rename your keyword to my_sunset, or similar.

Keyword and Smart Album question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.