Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is tere another option to turn wifi sync on besides the cable ? my cable just stoppd working ...i only had the thing for a week smh..

i have the old ipad 1 or first gen. ios 5.1.1 ...i found out my charger is only the 5v or 5w whikch is for an iphone . so my ipad only charges when the its off and my laptop isn't recognizing the thing is even pluged in...windows or itunes can some one please help this is very frustrating thanks..i tried to reset and when the connect to itunes screen shows up thats supposed to mean recovery mode it still does nothing

iPad

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 1:27 PM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2013 2:07 PM in response to illmanson

It sounds, by your description you need a new dock cable.

If you have another cable or one you can borrow from a friend and attach the iPad to the PC to see if that will fix the problem. You really need the original Apple branded cable to be sure.

If you are still having problems, turn off your iPad and try cleaning the dock with some isopropyl alcohol with a bit of micro fiber cloth. Remember to be gentle. Do not use rubbing alcohol. Do not use cotton swabs.

To answer your other question, yes you can Sync you iPad over your local network if iTunes is running on your PC. You will need to Sync your iPad with a cable to set up the Wi-Fi Sync.

Good luck,

UG

is tere another option to turn wifi sync on besides the cable ? my cable just stoppd working ...i only had the thing for a week smh..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.