Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i activate home sharing so i can mirror my ipad mini using my new apple tv device

i can seem to figure out how to turn on HOME SHARING so i can stream or mirror my Ipad Mini on my HDTV using my new Apple TV...everything i have read says just sign into I-tunes and activate Home Sharing...I am older and dumber than most users i guess

Apple TV, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 1:24 PM

2 replies

Nov 10, 2013 1:36 PM in response to jcjepson

Welcome to the Apple Community.

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, OS X 10.8 or better and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer). You can see which Mac you have and which operating system you are using by selecting 'About this Mac' from the Apple menu in the top left corner of your Mac and selecting the 'More Info' button.

how do i activate home sharing so i can mirror my ipad mini using my new apple tv device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.