Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upload my iMovie video to my youtube PAGE.

The issue i'm having is a very common problem and i think its a bug in iMovie which needs to be addressed.

On completing and uploading videos from iMovie, it asks for the youtube account which is your USERNAME and PASSWORD. Once that put in, it does not give any further option if we wish to upload the video to the YouTube Page or Youtube Account.

Now the confusion here is, Google has messed their whole account system, which means now we have Google+linked and in that there are PAGES. Now my Youtube chanell is linked to a Google + Page which means all my videos are on that page on my main account, but iMovie cannot detect that.

Could some one have a work around this issue?

Thanks.

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 9:59 AM

i find the the solution what you have to do is setup a specific password for your page using the link below as instructions you sign in on imovie with your page name that google gave you so that from me was top-40-1971-3055@pages.plusgoogle.com and your new password now you can upload movie to you tube the answers read you in this link https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2882201 🙂

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2013 9:59 AM in response to mmnz

i find the the solution what you have to do is setup a specific password for your page using the link below as instructions you sign in on imovie with your page name that google gave you so that from me was top-40-1971-3055@pages.plusgoogle.com and your new password now you can upload movie to you tube the answers read you in this link https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2882201 🙂

Nov 30, 2013 10:59 AM in response to ronnepon

Absolutely correct.

1. Log into Google.

2. Goto your page in Google.

3. Goto Dashboard. (sidebar)

4. Goto Settings. (toolbar)

5. Scroll down to the e-mail address and verify it.

6. Once verified. goto iMovie and login.

Thanks for the help. I just elaborated the process.

Its perfect.

Problem solved.🙂

Jan 24, 2015 8:11 PM in response to mmnz

I figured I should mention another common fix for problems logging-in to YouTube via the automatic iMovie upload option. This is unrelated to the Google+ issue, but a common one nonetheless.

If iMovie blocks your YouTube upload saying, "invalid username/password" (even though you know you have the right ones) then the issue is that your YouTube account needs to have a setting changed for "less secure apps". In YouTube, click the drop down icon next to your username and select "Account" then scroll down down to "Signing in" and click the option for "Access for less secure apps". Set this to "Allowed" and viola; iMovie will suddenly accept your login credentials and upload your movie!

Jan 26, 2015 11:55 AM in response to klockw243

Well I am sorry to say you are wrong, wrong, wrong, I CANNOT publish anything to YouTube whats so ever, I have had the same account and same password for a while now, when I sign in as normal (even though it was working 2 or 3 month ago) I get error, the password or username is incorrect, tried about 10 times before getting very angry and swearing, then I try going into account, go to signing in then click TURN ON for "access for less secure apps" then I get ANOTHER ERROR! saying ALERT an error occurred?? What error? Who do I fix it? not very helpful or anything, at least tell me what the error is apple????? So looks like I can never upload anything again, as I can categorically tell everyone that it's not going to work ever, no matter what I do or try, doesn't work and I doubt anyone will have the answer for this, it so frustrating, as I want to put my stuff on YouTube but there is 100000% no way around this

Feb 3, 2015 11:42 AM in response to Steven1980

I am having the same problem with "Incorrect Password" even though I know it is correct since I have over 200 videos on YouTube. Like you, I turned on the Access for Less Secure Apps, but that did no good. I did not get the error message you did. Is this a Google vs. Mac situation? I really don't want to take the time to export thru Quicktime, etc. Is there no easy way to fix this problem?

Mar 12, 2015 3:06 PM in response to mmnz

Hi, it could be a problem if you have two step verification set up for your Google account.

for apps that don't support two-factor authentication, such as iMovie, you need to generate an application-specific password. This is a computer generated password that can be used to give an app access to Google services, but is intended for use in a single app.

Go here to manage your connected apps and application-specific passwords. Once you generate one (be sure to label it as "iMovie password" or similar), copy it into iMovie making sure to use your full Gmail address as the "Account Name", then you're done with it.

There's intentionally no way to view the password again, the only possible action is to revoke it. This way your account still stays secure as long as the app stores the password securely (and if it doesn't, you can always revoke that one password without causing problems for the rest of the account).

Mar 13, 2015 8:18 AM in response to cduke66

Thanks, but as I indicated in the reply just above your most recent reply, I solved the problem. The issue was that I was inadvertently using an old version of iMovie. I had the old and new versions of iMovie on my Mac. Once I moved the videos to the new version, I was able to upload to YouTube quickly and without any problems.

Oct 7, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Joey C 2

Hi I have the same problem on going for some time, Wasting time trying to sort it out my life passing by, So How, ?

I'm using i movie 11

this lady on google forums send me a you tube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtunoVeuh0M

Well that created and join my page to you tube original. however . after changing and trying all that was done and asked. Still the same problem, So I'm in here asking . HOW TO please!

I can't upload my iMovie video to my youtube PAGE.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.