Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting sequence from Light Table

Not sure this can be done, but I have quite a few hundred photos I want to organize into a sequence in Light Table and then export out from there maintaining the order I established. Can this be done? (Aperture 3.4.5)

Thanks all for any information you could provide.

Barry

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 7:43 PM

4 replies

Nov 11, 2013 3:39 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank Caggiano wrote:

You could rename the images in the light table adding a sequence number. This will allow you to rearrange the images once exported into the same order they were in when on the light table.

Hi Frank -- I'm not seeing the sequence in the Light Table arrangement being used when batch renaming. The sequence I get is the current sequence of the Images in the Browser (but limited to those selected, viz.: the ones in the Light Table). My understanding is that when you select Images in the Light Table, the selection is being applied to the Images in the Browser (this is clearly shown), and that it is the Browser selection's sort order that is used by the batch processor. (To see how this works: select the first Image on the Light Table, and then "{Shift}+click" the last Image on the Light Table. Your selection will actually be made in the Browser, as though you selected the first Image and then "{Shift}+clicked" the last one. This selection is made regardless of which Images are on the Light Table or how they are arranged.)

Please correct any misunderstanding.

I wasn't able to find any way to apply the current sort order _on_ the Light Table to the Images. The sort order always comes from the Light Table Album, as shown in the Browser.

Barry: While the Light Table is _fantastic_ for creating groups, making layouts, and comparing Images, it fails as a sorter. Group -- yes. Sort -- no. The Browser, however, is an excellent "surface" on which to manually sort Images. Is there a reason you need the Light Table for sorting?

Nov 11, 2013 5:21 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

I'm not seeing the sequence in the Light Table arrangement being used when batch renaming.

There is no simple way, that Aperture could be doing this, because the layout on the Light Table is two dimensional and could be be a total mess of images haphazardly thrown onto the Light table and partially overlapping.

I assumed from Barry's question that the Ligh Table would be used to compare and arrange the images, but the Light Table album in the browser would be arranged in the same way. The images in the Liight Table album could be renamed like Frank suggested - they have a well defined order.

Exporting sequence from Light Table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.