Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Mavericks upgrade, my 2 external monitors using DisplayLink software is very unstable with poor visual display quality & arrangement is not maintained. DisplayLink has reported this to Apple as an issue with the Apple Window server crashing.

Has anyone had this issue as well?

DisplayLink claims that that this is a known issue with the Apple Window Server crashing.

DisplayLink also claims that they reported this matter to Apple and that is up to Apple to

resolve the issue.

Is there any word from Apple on this?

Could this be Apples way of pushing everyone from USB to DVI/VGA display adapters to thunderbolt displays?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Using 2 external monitors

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 8:10 PM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2013 3:44 AM in response to Yattster

Someone opened a bug report with Apple in another thread - about a different product that used DisplayLink drivers, and Apple blamed the vendor.

I have many issues too. Crashing Window Manager, and once it crashed my Mac.

I also have many issues... one is corrupt display. The icons are missing in the menubar on my laptop, and squished together on my external monitor:

User uploaded file

They are there if I mouse over, but invisible.

User uploaded file

I can't click on the squished ones, they are to close.

After Mavericks upgrade, my 2 external monitors using DisplayLink software is very unstable with poor visual display quality & arrangement is not maintained. DisplayLink has reported this to Apple as an issue with the Apple Window server crashing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.