Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I airdrop things into my ipad air from my macbook pro retina?

I am trying to transfer some PDF files from my macbook pro retina into my ipad air. My ipad air doesn't get discovered by any of my devices through airdrop, bluetooth, USB, and etc. I contacted Apple Support and the person I was speaking with just told me to use email, dropbox, and other sources. He also mentioned that bluetooth is only used for pairing devices and when I disagreed to that comment, he gave me an attitude. If anyone know how to fix this issue or know anything about this, please feel free to help me resolve this. Thank you!

ipad air-OTHER, iOS 7.0.3, From macbook pro retina to ipad air

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 11:16 PM

iOS AirDrop works only with other iOS devices, not Macs.

Here is the documentation:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5887

17 replies

Nov 10, 2013 11:27 PM in response to sberman

Thanks again! I can do that for now but I just want to get my ipad air fixed if there IS something wrong with it. It is just weird that I can't connect my ipad air to anything. I know my macbook pro retina works fine with other devices so trying to figure out if ipad air is just not suppose to be able to connect to other devices.

Nov 10, 2013 11:49 PM in response to Howard Oh

Oh, you see your iPad Air in iTunes! Excellent! So yours behaves the same as mine - it's visible in iTunes (but not in Finder, but that doesn't matter, as ITunes can direct everything you need).

When your iPad Air is visible in iTunes, you can go to its "Books" tab in iTunes and do what you need to do there regarding sync rules.

Nov 11, 2013 12:02 AM in response to Howard Oh

1. Open iBooks on your Mac.
  2. Drag the book(s) (PDF files) into iBooks.
  3. Attach your iPad to the Mac using USB.
  4. Click on the iPad's "Books" tab in the iTunes display. To get there, first click on the iPad button in iTunes.
  5. Make sure the sync rules are as you would like (probably indicating sync all books).
  6. Perform the sync.

That's it! The PDFs will appear in your iPad's iBooks. (You will probably have to click Books > PDFs in iBooks on your iPad).

Why can't I airdrop things into my ipad air from my macbook pro retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.