Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks network homes

All running well in upgrade apart from one little issue.

When a network user logs into any computer on the network all goes well until he logs off. To the user he has logged of but the server still keeps him logged on.

This is an issue if he then tries to log onto another computer, where he finds that mail etc does not work because the last computer has his network home.

If he restarts the computer this releases the Network home or if I log in as admin perform the command

/sbin/umount -f /Network/Servers/mx.anyserver.co.uk/Volumes/Server/HomesUsers

So Help tried a logout script but that does not work.

Set up several test servers and each time this issue occurs.

the client (10.9) does not logout properly

Please help very important.

Last question to Apple do you test your software this was an obvious fault.

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 11:59 PM

49 replies

Nov 12, 2013 8:04 AM in response to William Bowden1

I have a similar issue. We use a logout hook to log the user out of a web portal when the user logs off their account. It works fine in Snowleapord, Lion, Mountainion, but the same procedure of setting a log out hook does not seam to work in Mavericks. We use a launch agent for logins but launch agents don't work at log out. Is there a way to handle log out scripts in Mavericks?

Dec 7, 2013 5:20 PM in response to William Bowden1

Appears to be a common issue. See if you are also getting a "Networ" folder created in / . You can ssh into the client after logout and see that the home directory is still mounted. Some users have filed a bug report and say it's immediately closed and marked as duplicate, so I believe apple is aware of the issue. Now we wait....

In my case, a reboot after each client logs out is a temporary workaround.

Feb 26, 2014 4:15 AM in response to Peter Rauen

All,

Try this:

Move your Network User Home folders from the standard "Users" folder to something new - such as "NetUsers". Leave local user folders as is (in the Users folder - which on the server should only be admin? Depends...)

Ensure network user home folder is availible for share via AFP. The problem still exists using SMB.

Correct your users home folder path with workgroup manager (or otherwise).

This solved the issue for me. Yes it seems like a bug - but, whatever, it's working now. This was a solution from another thread, I'll give proper credit when I have a minute to find it.

Mavericks network homes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.