Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We have never used multiple User Accounts on our iMac. The only reason we want to is for iMessage, Mail, FaceTime, Notifications, iCloud. However, we want to share iPhoto, iTunes, and documents/folders. Should I share Macintosh HD?

Macintosh HD > Get Info > (select) Shared Folder

Is this the best way for my wife and I to share common folders and files, but not usernames, messages, and email?

iMac-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 11:59 PM

With regard to FT and iMessage... Have a look Here-

For the Other.. Have a read here...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3958277?answerId=18409815022#18409815022&ac_cid=ha

And See Here...

How to Use Multiple iDevices with One Computer

2 replies

Nov 11, 2013 12:23 AM in response to Darren F

I think you should look at the folder "Shared" in your user accounts. That folder can be reached by any user account by standard.

It's located in Macintosh HD -> Users.

If you copy your iPhoto library there, and your iTunes library, you can open iPhoto while holding 'Alt / Option' and then selecting it from the shared folder. This can be done at both accounts.

Same goes for iTunes.

We have never used multiple User Accounts on our iMac. The only reason we want to is for iMessage, Mail, FaceTime, Notifications, iCloud. However, we want to share iPhoto, iTunes, and documents/folders. Should I share Macintosh HD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.