Errors 3000-3999 (3004, 3013, 3018, 3164, 3194, and so on): Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes can't contact the update server (gs.apple.com) on ports 80 or 443.
- Update to the latest version of iTunes.
- Verify the computer's date and time are accurate.
- Check that your security or firewall software isn't interfering with ports 80 or 443 or with the server gs.apple.com.
- Follow these steps to troubleshoot security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
- An entry in your hosts file may be redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (go to "Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com" above).
- Internet proxy settings can cause this issue. If you're using a proxy, try again without using a proxy.
- Test restoring while connected to a known-good network.
The above comes from here:
Also I have a windows 8.. The firewall settings are the same as the last time, I checked other discussions and the reply you gave was the same when people had problems updating to iOS 7.. And I didnt face any problems the, so you really think is it the Firewall..? and the 'Troubleshooting Security Software' did not help me...