Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Western Digital has sent email that their drivers not compatible with their HDD - is this fixed yet? If not can I lose all my data, if I apply or should I delay downloading OS Mavericks?

Western Digital has sent an email that their HDD drivers not compatible with OS Mavericks? Are drivers updated, yet? How serious will I lose my backup? Should I wait to download Mavericks?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 2:48 AM

2 replies

Nov 11, 2013 5:37 AM in response to 1rudyschlais1

Apple is not responsible for low quality software written by 3rd parties. Hardware manufacturers are notorious for their poor software. If you have any hardware that works without 3rd party drivers, then don't install them. If you have any hardware that requires 3rd party drivers, then you can never, ever install operating system updates without checking with your 3rd party hardware manufacturer first. It has always been this way and Mavericks didn't change anything. This is just the most recent example.

Western Digital has sent email that their drivers not compatible with their HDD - is this fixed yet? If not can I lose all my data, if I apply or should I delay downloading OS Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.