Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run iTunes and Apps on my Windows 7 computer or do I need an ipad or iphone ?

Can I run ITunes and Apps on my Windows7 computer. So far the one App I have downloaded just won't run. Do I need an iPad or IPhone to run these programmes?

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 6:24 AM

you can use itunes on a PC here is the download link http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. Also make sure it says for windows if it doesn't click under the download button that says itunes for windows. For the apps no you cant play them on a PC you cant even play them on a mac it is only for ios.

2 replies

Nov 11, 2013 7:10 AM in response to Malc in France

There is an iTunes on the idevices, just a Store effectvily.

There is an iTunes on a PC and Mac, which is the Library handler, and connects to the iDevices for sync and backup.

The Apps that you download for iDevices are downloaded with "Appstore" on that iDevice itself, or downloaded on the Mac or PC with iTunes for transferring to the iDevice.

That apps will only run on the iDevice.

For Window s7 and Windows 8 there has just been released a new iTunes version 11.

Lex

Can I run iTunes and Apps on my Windows 7 computer or do I need an ipad or iphone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.